Sir, My son is 13 years old and he is a

Patient : Sir, My son is 13 years old and he is a swimmer and practices swimming for total 3 hours daily ( 1.5 hour in morning and 1.5 hour in evening) His height is 160 cm and weight 45 kg His Hb (hemoglobin) is just 10.9 Kindly advise : 1. How much should be his Hb ? 2. How can we improve his Hb? 3. What diet should be given to him keeping in mind his hard swimming practice hours?
Symptoms:  Allergy for nose from pollution
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us I think that he should reduce the amount he swims daily. Exercising to that limit per wee k will get him injured. Get him on a diet of Red meat. He must have at least 120 grams protein daily to fulfill the protein needs. Also, add on some iron by taking some iron syrup. See a dietician if the Hb levels are still low. They will help you design a diet plan that will cover the loss of iron. Also, please see a Doctor if the values continue to be low and can be due to a chronic disease. Wishing you the best. Hope this helps you.