Skin Correction for uneven skintones

Patient: I am a 16 y.o african american girl. i got acne in the 6th grade but it was terrible. so i thought picking at it would help. How do I fix my skin tone because my forehead is basically darker than my face. The other areas of my face arent that bad.

Symptoms: None.

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.For the treatment of mild to moderate acne, I prefer to advise topical benzoyl pero xide/retinoic acid and clindamycin over the affected area. If severe, consideration is given to start oral antibiotics like doxycycline/minocycline/azithromycin.In Refractory cases, consideration is given to start oral isotretinoin.For pigmentation post acne, chemical peels like Glycolic acid peel are quite effective.It will help in correcting skin tone also.Visit your Doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription accordingly.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Take care.