Skin is tearing between my inner thigh and testicle.

Patient : Skin is tearing between my inner thigh and testicle
Doctor :   Hello, & Welcome to ATD You having skin lesion in your groin fold, such lesions are common in the groin area due to i ncreased moisture from sweating and groin being warm area. These lesions can be either bacterial or fungal or noninfective. Treatment consist of keeping groin and testicular fold area clean by regular bathing and drying the area. Secondly, use of synthetic undergarments should be avoided. Thirdly, aeration of the area especially at the night time by wearing loose cotton nightwear and removal of tight undergarments. Fourthly, use of dusting powders and gel preparations of soothing agent/ antibacterial/ antifungal as prescribed by the dermatologist/local doctor. Feel free to discuss further. Regards

Comments / Follow Ups

Patient: Could you recommend any powders or gels I could buy to treat the lesion?
Doctor: Sorry, prescription of specific or even generic names is not allowed. I'm sure you'll find some antibacterial and antifungal ointment or gel preparation in PTC drugs. If there is anything else, please let me know.

Related Q&A

Q: I was in vacation and 4 days into the trip I developed a itchy feeling all over my body. I have no bite marks however...

Q: I got a test ige immunoglobulin serum test . The value cams 520 ? What does this mean . I am a 30 years old mum .

Q: My friend took alegra and tussin and speed and now he says he is having a hard time breathing and stayingawake

Q: Hello, I had my nose pierced about 4 weeks ago. I thought I was starting to get an infection but it turned out to be...

Q: I really want a cat but suffer with allergies. Is there any way I can live with one and control the allergy


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon