Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Skin is tearing between my inner thigh and testicle.

Skin is tearing between my inner thigh and testicle.

Patient: Skin is tearing between my inner thigh and testicle

Doctor: Hello, & Welcome to ATDYou having skin lesion in your groin fold, such lesions are common in the groin area due to i ncreased moisture from sweating and groin being warm area. These lesions can be either bacterial or fungal or noninfective.Treatment consist of keeping groin and testicular fold area clean by regular bathing and drying the area.Secondly, use of synthetic undergarments should be avoided.Thirdly, aeration of the area especially at the night time by wearing loose cotton nightwear and removal of tight undergarments.Fourthly, use of dusting powders and gel preparations of soothing agent/ antibacterial/ antifungal as prescribed by the dermatologist/local doctor.Feel free to discuss further.Regards

Patient: Could you recommend any powders or gels I could buy to treat the lesion?

Doctor: Sorry, prescription of specific or even generic names is not allowed. I’m sure you’ll find some antibacterial and antifungal ointment or gel preparation in PTC drugs. If there is anything else, please let me know.