Skin itchiness on whole body

Patient: Doctor, I am having itchiness all over my body for the past 3 weeks.i went to the doctor they said it bcoz of dryness and suggested me to use soap free wash when I take shower. I am using for two weeks.but it still itching very worst.especially at the night time.it is like a pimple thing and itching very bad .if I scratch,that place become very red. I doubt it may be the scabies.bcoz last month I went to back home and my brother was having like this symptoms.i did not know it is contagious.i am having more pimple like itchy things especially on my chest ,back ,and buttocks.i want to know that,is there any tests doctor can perform to confirm what disease this really is? Plz doctor,guide me regarding this matter. Thank you in advance.

Symptoms: Itching,redness,pimples

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The intensity of itching is very severe and is not likely to be due to dryness as your sa ying it is persisting beyond the usage of soap free lotions. It could be scabies, as your brother had similar symptoms and scabies is contagious. Take a tablet Citrezene for now. Kindly consult a dermatologist for an examination.Generally scabies is more in the plan and InterDigital spaces between fingers also.The doctor can diagnose it by looking at the lesions. The other causes could be some food allergy or contact dermatitis or even an insect bite. Make sure the area where you sleep and the blankets and pillows you use is free of insects and mites.Apply calamine lotion to the area of itch, it will sooth the area.Hope this helped.Regards,