Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Skin problem on bottom of left foot

Skin problem on bottom of left foot

Patient: “I have what seems to be the common callus and corn on my left foot, some have gone away over time but every now and then another will also appear. Without a prescription what are some home remedies I can use to make these In prove or go away before they get any worse?

Symptoms: Dry skin on area.

Skin problem on bottom of l...-1 Skin problem on bottom of l...-1

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Callouses can be readily and safely removed with the use of an abrasive pumice stone. Rubbi ng this stone gently on the affected area can remove the callous. Depending on the type of shoes you wear, or whether you are walking around barefoot, will determine if these will recur. Using a moisturizer no your feet will help prevent the recurrence of callouses.Thank you for consulting AskTheDotor.com