Skin tag looking things on the outside of the my vagina hole

Patient

Q: I am 33 weeks pregnant, and I have skin tag looking things on the outside of the my vagina hole. What could this be?

Symptoms:  Skin tag looking bumps on vagina
Doctor

A:   Thank for your query. From what you describe it looks like you are having what are commonly called as warts. Warts are mucus membranes out grown on the skin of genitals. They are seen to grow on the Vagina, cervix, urethra, scrotum penis etc. They come as a result of an infection called as human papilloma virus(HPV) which is a sexually transmitted infection with a skin to skin contact. These warts also don’t appear immediately and may take ~ 3 months to a year’s time after the initial contact with the infected person.
The best option for you would be wait until you deliver if they are not causing any problems like itching increased discharge or dampness etc. But if you are having uneasiness with these then it is advisable to consult your gynecologist who may help with cryosurgery to remove them as the medications used to treat warts are not safe during pregnancy.
Hope that answers your queries.
Wish you good luck for your pregnancy