Skipped last two sugar pills and started new pack early?

Patient

Q: So I have been taking Microgestin with the 28 day pills. I started my period on the third day of sugar pills and it lasted only a few days. When my period was over i had two sugar pills left but I started a new pack and didnt take the last two in the pack. The next day I had sex but the condom broke so he pulled out. Could me skipping the last two sugar pills cause the protection to be less? Or will it just mess up the timing of my period?

Doctor

A:   Microgestin contains a combination of female hormones that prevent ovulation. The last 7 pills in the pack are "reminder" pills that usually contain only vitamins. If you miss any reminder pills, you do not need back-up birth control and there is little chance of you becoming pregnant.