Skipping Birth Control for a Month

Patient : I have been on birth control for the past 6 months. My insurance got messed up, and I had to skip it this past month. I was going to wait until after my next period to start taking it again. The first day of my last period was Feb. 5th. I had sex on Feb. 19th. We used a condom and I took Plan B the next day. On the 25th of Febuary I had bleeding for about 2 days. Could this be implantation bleeding? Or just my cycle messed up from the skipped birth control? If I should take pregancy test when is the best time to do that?
Doctor :   I realize your worry of possible pregnancy. Since you have been taking contraceptives for a period of 6 months, I totall y agree with you that normal menstruation could be affected after stopping the pills. Even if you stopped for a month, a pregnancy test or wait until the next menses to occur will be recommended in order to start taking the pills again due to the pregnancy risk that you have. Taking plan b or using condoms definitely reduced the chance of pregnancy but no contraceptive method is 100% effective. My suggestion will be to re start your oral contraceptive pills once your menses occur and comply with them, and for the next month use a back method such as condoms. If you would like to take a pregnancy test to rule it out completely, this could be done a week after you had sex. I wish you the best.