SLAP TEAR

Patient: I have a SLAP tear my right shoulder 1 day is hurt very bad..took about 6 days to fade out…now n then it hurts bad,and In some positions its tough to bend…do I have to have surgery ? can I not fix it ? and keep a tear ?

Doctor: Most persons with SLAP tears do not recover full functionality without surgery! Most often the surgical procedure can be perfomed via arthroscopy.This precodeure is less invasisve and allows for a speedier recovery. The recovery period will be tedious, involves staged physical therapy and it may take up to 12 months before you are able to return to full activity. Without surgery you may end up with chronic pain and significant reduced movement of the shoulder.