Sleep apnea or something worse?

Patient

Q: Hi there,

I am a healthy, normal weight 30-year-old female with chronic low blood pressure and anaemia.

For several years now, I have been waking up frantically gasping for air practically every night (often more than once per night). I also wake up feeling exhausted even if I get enough sleep. This gets much worse if the room is too hot at night. I sweat almost every night, to the point of waking up thinking I'd lost bladder control, but it was just sweat. This happens even if other people are freezing in the same room. I've been told by partners that my body burns to the touch at night.

Nobody has ever told me that I snore so I guess I don't...

Never been an athlete, but tended to medium to low activity. Now I've completely lost my energy and do literally nothing than lay down all day, most of the time :(

My father was recently diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea but I've also read that similar symptoms can occur with paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnoea... Personally I don't care what it is and have no interest in self-diagnosing myself since I am not a doctor. I just want it resolved and have my quality of life back.

I think it's time to take this to a doctor, but I don't know what kind of specialist to ask for... Any ideas if what I have might be apnea or something else? I'm also freaking out because 3 years ago I was in the Serengueti (Africa) and had at least one tze-tze fly bite.

Thanks in advance for any help =)

Symptoms:  Wake up gasping for air, low blood pressure and dizziness (sp. if standing for prolonged time, standing up and/or heat), anaemia, night sweats, extremely low energy, not rested after sufficient sleep, tze-tze fly bite
Doctor