Ask The Doctor > Pending > Sleeping ovaries ovulation problem

Sleeping ovaries ovulation problem

Patient: Hi. I have been trying for 4 months iam 29yrs of age F, i always have spot on period and my cycle is 29days. i recently went to see a gyne and he told me after a transvaginal ultrasound that iam perfectly healthy and fit but my ovaries are sleeping ( I DONT have PCOS).. and gave me Letrozole to start on the first day on Period for 5 days (3 tablets per day) if it is an ovulation problem i just find it so hard to believe because each month i do get ovulation signs like side cramps and stretchy egg white discharge which i believe is the time around ovulation. could u please tell me what sleeping ovaries are and if Letrozole is a safe medicine to take.. i really want to have a baby soonThanksZara

Doctor: