Sleeping patterns all mest up/ always tired no matter what
Patient :So im 24 years old 147 pounds my sleeping schedule was more nightly i would wake up at around 3:30 PM and go to bed around 6 AM every single day. sometimes i would throw a hour 1.2 nap inbetween if needed. recently i went to an event where i had to stay up two days in a row and wake up at 6 AM the next 2 days. a week after now my sleeping patterns are gone no matter what i do. yesterday i was only awake for 6 hours out of the whole day i felt like i needed a nap every 3 hours and it turned into like 4 hours of sleep. i just woke up from sleeping like 8 hours on and off but still tired. how can i correct this and or why am i always tired all of a sudden.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
I understand your concern.
You are suffering from insomnia that too due to dysregulated sleep pattern.
I would advise you following in your scenario:
1. To take sleep for 8 hours, on a fixed timing that is from 10 pm to 6 am.
2. Avoid sleeping in the day time.
3. You should not change your sleep timings.
4. You should avoid taking caffeine before going to bed.
5. Avoid alcohol and smoking.
6. In case, you are not able to induce sleep initially at 10 pm, you can for a short duration use hypnotic drugs like Zolpidem. These drugs help in inducing you sleep and by this, you can make a habit if sleeping at that particular time. You should sleep this only for short course.
I hope it helps.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.