Sleeping with mom at ten yrs old? is it normal? will he be okay?

Patient

Q: Hello, my question is regarding our 10 year old sleeping habits. Currently and for the past 3 years his mother and father have been separated. At his mothers house, she sleeps with him as well as her 1 year old daughter and the father sleeps on the couch. So on the days that we have him at our house, he wants to sleep with his dad and wants me to sleep in his room. Both my husband and I are on the same page, but if we don't let him, he doesn't want to come over to our house. His 2 year brother at our home sleeps perfect in his crib, why can't the 10 year old? Will sleeping with his mother at this age do any emotional or psycological issues down the road? He has now been diagnosed with ADHD, but I don't think he has it, he needs good night sleeps and an earlier bed time. I am just concerned for my stepson down the line, what it could do to him? as it is, he is not able to sleep at any friends houses, we always have to go pick him up in the middle of the night. Is there anything I can do to insure he is okay?

Doctor