Slight pain and itching

Patient

Q: I had sex 1 week ago .next evening after sex when i urinated since then i am having slight pain and itching in vagina which increses during pee

Symptoms:  itching nd pain in vagina even during pee
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you have contracted a urinary tract infection from having sexual intercourse. This is a very common occurrence among sexually active females and requires prescription antibiotic treatment. We recommend that you promptly see your doctor as the severity of this infection can rapidly increase progress infecting the vagina, uterus, bladder and even kidneys. It is therefore imperative that you seek medical evaluation immediately and start treatment as soon as possible.

Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com