Small Lump In the Forehead

Patient

Q: I have a knot between my eyes.it started out very small and has greatly grown in a matter of about two years.can you help inform me as to what it is.its not a pimple and really doubt a in-grown hair

Doctor

A:   This is most probably due to a sebaceous cyst or a lipoma. Sebaceous cysts can become inflamed or infected causing an increase in size and tenderness. Both these conditions do not require any treatment.  If you feel that the cyst or lipoma is growing in size, you may ask your doctor to surgically remove the lump.