Small movable lymph nodes

Q: Hi. I have small lymph nodes below my right and left neck, 2 in the left and 1 in right. It is painless and movable. It's been there for almost 4months now. I don't know how long is it there but i just noticed it last september. I am so worried because everytime I google it, it always says that its cancer. I cant sleep properly because I'm always worrying. Anyway, I'm 22 years old and I have no other symptoms except that I always have colds (almost everyday) Im not sure if its colds or sinusitis. I hope you can help me. Thanks

Symptoms:  Colds and ear pain

A:   Thank you for your question.
The swollen lymph nodes that you are observing in your neck could be related to your recurrent sinusitis and respiratory infections. This immune response elicited by these infections could cause swelling of the lymph nodes. Painless swollen lymph nodes are also in observed in cancer of the lymphatic system called lymphoma, however this requires further investigation including a surgical biopsy of one of the suspected lymph nodes for further testing. Please seek medical evaluation these swollen lymph nodes by your doctor. We wish you a speedy recovery.

Thank you for consulting