Small red lump on the left side of my neck

Patient

Q: I found a lump on the left side of my neck about 3 weeks ago. About half a inch directly to the left of my Adam's apple. It was/is red, and it was slightly painful to touch. It doesn't hurt anymore and is now 1/3 of the original size (about a quarter of an inch). But it hasn't reduced anymore in size within a week. I am 29 years old, male, Caucasian, 235 lbs, 6 ft tall, and sleep deprived (because of a 6 month old).

Symptoms:  I just got over a cold. Congestion, coughing, sneezing, runny nose and a headache. No fever.
Doctor