Small vagina

Patient : Hi, I have a small vaginal opening. Because of this I have pain while intercourse. Sometimes, the penis wouldnt go inside. I have tried digital penetration , but it doesnt make my vagina expand. Please help me with this. Is surgery the only solution to this?
Doctor :   Small vagina might have problems during intercourse like vaginismus, pain during sex, problem in inserting tampons, etc. A technique involving perineal massage will help in vaginal stretching. There are other few exercises. But if vagina is really too small, like double barrel vagina, a congenital anomaly, Surgery is the only option of treatment.

Related Q&A

Q: My virgin girlfriend's (Chinese, age 24) hymen is a thin strip of flesh with bumps on top and (from what I see) a sma...

Q: Dear Sir I am recently married on last sunday and enjoying sexual life happily but from the day i am doing sex 4...

Q: I just sex for the first time about 48 hours ago. I bled from the tearing of the hymen. It has not bled since that ni...

Q: Hi recently took a girl back to my room we never had sex at any stage however. We both rubbed our genitals with no pe...

Q: Days after having sex with my girl . I have bladder pain and I use the restroom frequently . The first time this happ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon