Small whitish bump on penis

Patient

Q: I am concerned about a small bump that appeared about two months ago on my penis shaft. It was originally whitish in appearance. When feeling it, it felt superficial and hard, (not fluid filled and squishy). Today during the course of the day, it became very red and felt swollen. I wanted to see if there is reason to be concerned or whether it could be a cyst of some sort. Thanks greatly.

Symptoms:  No pain or changes until today when it started to seem slightly swollen and red. Stinging while rubbing over the bump early this morning for the first time in two months (almost like how a small cut would feel).
Doctor