Smell this quite often on it has not gone away

Patient

Q: I have had burning smell stuck in my nose for a little over a month and it won't go away

Symptoms:  Headache
Doctor

Thanks for choosing "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.
There could be two important causes for the same. The first one, relatively benign could be a nose infection. This causes bad smell in the nose which can appear to be a burning smell. This is can be easily confirmed by getting your nose examined.
The other, less benign cause could any mass occupying the frontal lobe (say meningioma) of the brain can lead to olfactory (smell) hallucinations or altered smell. For this purpose a CT scan of the brain is a must. Let me assure you the later cause is very rare.
So I would suggest you to meet a doctor and get the first cause evaluated and get it treated. If its negative then you should request for a CT scan of the brain.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

Wish you good health!