Smoke smelling phlegm

Q: Im a 14 year old boy and my phlegm smells like smoke and I've never smoked anything in my life. my parents do smoke but never in the house always outside

Symptoms:  A lot of phlegm, weezing in right lung

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you are developing an upper respiratory tract infection. The odor of your sputum may be due to bacteria which has infected your lungs. Furthermore, you can still be exposed to second hand smoke, even though your parents smoke outdoors. If smoke remains within their lungs when they return indoors, you will be exposed to it. Please follow up with your doctor to have a respiratory examination.You will likely need to be treated with antibiotics to clear this possible infection.

Thank you for consulting