Smoking Marijuana While on Birth Control Pills – Am I at Risk for Heard Disease or Blood Clotting?

Patient: If I am on the pill, and I smoke marijuana occasionally, does it put me at risk for heart disease or blood clotting?

Doctor: Birth control pills and marijuana do not interact with each other and there may not be any significant risk concerning t his, but the side effects of the pills itself may result in the changes in your blood clotting system and associated higher risk of developing blood clots, strokes, and heart attacks.Birth control pills and marijuana do not interact with each other and there may not be any significant risk concerning this, but the side effects of the pills itself may result in the changes in your blood clotting system and associated higher risk of developing blood clots, strokes, and heart attacks

Guest: unclear to me .