Smoking NON Nicotine

Q: I am Breastfeeding and was wondering if it was ok to smoke non nicotine cigs, hookah, or non nicotine e hookahs ( flavored vape )

A:   Pregnancy gives you a huge incentive to quit smoking, but it also complicates your choice of methods. You may not be able to quit on your own, but you also have to think twice before exposing your baby to the medications in pills and patches.
Cigarette alternatives are common these days and many resort to them as possibly harmless alternative to smoking. Many such alternatives are available in the market or through online shopping avenues, including e-cigarettes, Nicotine Vaping devices, Hookah etc. Insufficient clinical data are available on the health effects of these devices and their safety in pregnancy. The purity of chemicals used in these devices are not uniform across the brands available, and strict regulatory practices remain to be enforced on them to ensure uniform quality. Since most of these devices are not certified by any reliable health-promotion agencies, using them may be risky, more so in pregnancy. Nobody knows exactly how nicotine affects a growing fetus or how much it contributes to low birth weight, premature birth, and other complications. But since nicotine is just one of many toxins in cigarette smoke, this method is almost certainly safer for you and your baby than smoking. Still, you should talk to your doctor before trying any type of nicotine replacement. Gums and sprays are considered safer than patches because the short bursts of nicotine they provide add up to smaller doses of nicotine than you'd get from a patch (or from smoking, for that matter). A patch may still be a good choice if you're too nauseated to try anything else, but you should only use brands that release nicotine for 16 hours instead of 24. The 16-hour patches are just as effective as the all-day patches, but they'll put less nicotine in your system. There's a small chance that nicotine replacement treatments could be harmful to your baby, especially if you wear a 24-hour patch or overuse gum or sprays.
Please consult your family physician for help regarding a possible quit-plan.