Smoking weed with a broken tibia?

Q: Hi there. I was just wondering I'm 19 years old and 6 months ago I broke my tibia in my left leg. It's been real frustrating and to pass the time I'm always with friends to get my mind off things. One of my pass times is smoking cannabis, though my doctor said that smoking will slow down the healing process which is the last thing I want, though I've read that the smoke in Marijuana is very different to the deadly smoke of tobacco and I think he was referring only to cigarettes but I really wanna be sure. Does anybody know if smoking weed will have negative effects on the healing time of my leg? Thanks

A:   You are correct in assuming that the composition of cigarette smoke and marijuana is different. However, smoking cannabis will still negatively affect your healing time nonetheless. Cannabis has the effect of lowering blood pressure while increasing the heart rate. These effects will reduce the blood flow to the injured area and thus increase healing time.  I suggest you avoid using marijuana while you are recovering from your broken leg.