Snapped frenulum, loss of sensitivity

Patient

Q: I snapped my frenulum 5 months ago, Its healed, but obviously not to how it was. I am now very active with my girlfriend (once a day) but have noticed a significant loss of sensitivity. Do you have any recomendations to get it back to how it was 6 months ago or is it a lost cause??

Doctor

A:   It is likely that when you injured your frenulum you also injured some of the nerves responsible for sensation of the skin. this would explain the loss of sensitivity. Since the sensation has not returned to pre-injury status after 6 months, I am inclined to think that the injury is permanent.