Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Snot filling head hard to breathe

Snot filling head hard to breathe

Patient: I have so much mucus in nose I can feel it shifting in my head. Sometimes I feel like I am suffocating.

Symptoms: Coughing hurts cant breathe stuffy nose flowing with yellow green mucus

Doctor: Hello,thanks for the question to askthedoctor.comYou seem to suffering from sinusitis and pharyngitis. With mucoid yellowish green discharge on coughing suggests infection and you may require antibiotics for the same. it is suggested that you may visit your physician for a prescription of antihistaminics and antibiotics. However in the mean time you may take plain water steam inhalation thrice a day to open up sinuses and soothen your throat .Its likely to be a streptococcus infection and can be confirmed with a throat swab culture accordingly.Please visit your physician soon.wishing you health,regards