Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > So about a month ago I went to the bathroom

So about a month ago I went to the bathroom

Patient: So about a month ago I went to the bathroom and then realized that there was blood dripping from my butt, and a fair amount. After it didn’t happen for a while but I was so nervous and it happened a few times but then stopped and yesterday it happened again but there wasn’t much blood. It’s really awkward to tell anyone so I don’t know what to do or if it is serious…

Doctor: Hi.Read and understood your problem of bleeding per rectum.I would advise you to get a clinical evaluation and p er rectal examination and endoscopy to get a confirmation about diagnosis and further management as per the reports.Hope this helps you.