So about a week ago I hit my door but

Patient : So about a week ago I hit my door but this time it was different it was on the edge and right after I hit it I knew something was wrong so iced it and it continues to hurt and a few moments ago I was walking to the bathroom when I ace stay hit my finger against the door frame and it hurt a lot and instantly turned purple and whenever I have been touching my hand I feel like little peices of my bones is moving and right now when I hit it again felt a big ball like shape moving on my bone and also feel a sort of dip in my finger
So about a week ago I hit m...-1
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. The hands and the fingers are very sensitive areas to pain and are often involved in tr auma by household activities as in your case. They are very vascular or blood-filled areas, hence on an immediate injury they swell up like anything due to an instant process of inflammation. The feeling of a lump and something moving around the bone is the accumulation of fluid of inflammation underneath the fascia or the skin layers. You may continue the ice packs and cold compressions which would relieve the pain and reduce the swelling as well. However, since the bones are fragile over the area, there are chances of a fracture of the carpal bones. Hence it is recommended that you see a doctor, an orthopedic preferably for an examination and an X-ray if needed to rule out a fracture. A sling or a cast may be needed in that case. Until then, rest your hand and you may consider an analgesic like paracetamol and anti-inflammatory medications for better healing. Drink plenty of water daily. Hope this helped. Regards