So about a year ago i was hit hard in

Patient

Q: So about a year ago i was hit hard in the front of my leg with a baseball. It immediatly started to bruise and was very painful for several days. The bruise started to go away but it has left what i feel is nerve damage to the affected area. When i touch the area it feels a little bit numb and it tingles. This has been going on for a few months and recently spread to a spot on the top of my foot(the same leg). I am not sure if i should worry about this or not just want to make sure. I do have rhuematoid arthritis and am on several medications for that.

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Some numbness and nerve sensation can be felt after injury as subcutaneous nerves are damaged. You need not much very about it. You can take Mecobalamin for it. But if numbness is away from injury then you need to worry as this may be due to any nerve affection due to other causes and needs investigation. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care