So at first I thought it was a yeast infection

Patient

Q: So at first I thought it was a yeast infection but it had been going on for a couple months now. I am a female age 18. There is a smell coming from my lady parts and the smell is stronger when I get aroused.

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Strong vaginal odor can be seen due to causes like vaginal infection, improper use of inner wear, tampons etc.
By clinical examination and vaginal swab culture and sensitivity, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.
In the absence of infection these measures may help:
- Taking bath twice a day and changing inner wear twice a day.
- Using cotton inner wear as per as possible.
- Cleaning the genital area with commercially available washes like v wash, easy wash etc.
-Adding rose water etc in the water before a bath.
-Keeping the genital area dry as per as possible etc.

Take care.