So I am 14 and I have never had my

Patient : So I am 14 and I have never had my period before however last week a small patch of blood was in my knickers. I immediately think that this is the start of my period. I put a pad in my knickers, and for the rest of the day brown discharge was appearing. However, ever since that day I have not had any blood in my knickers and I'm starting to get worried. I have tried to look for and answer on the internet but nothing has come up. Please can someone help me!
Doctor :   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform. Your symptoms are suggest ive of beginning of your periods that is Menarche. Initially, for a few days or months you can just have spotting like you had, as the hormones are getting activated. I don't find any reason for you to panic. Just share this with your mother or any elderly female of your family. Always carry sanitary napkins with you whenever you are out. Very soon, you will start having normal periods. So, let me explain you how do they occur. The cycle is of 28 days and can vary from person to person. The day you will get your bleeding will be counted as the first day of the menstrual cycle. The bleeding continues for 3-5 days, and then you will have no bleeding for remaining days. Share my opinion with your mother. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy