So, I am a female and I'm expecting to have my period soon

Q: So, I am a female and I'm expecting to have my period soon (a few days or so), but me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex last night (around 9pm) but, on accident, he pre-came inside of me. . (The one time we don't use a condom) I did some research and I read that pre-cum usually does not get women pregnant due to dead sperm cells, but just to be on the safe side, I took plan B today (around 6pm). So, now I am considering some form of birth control, But, I would like to know what a professional has to say about the situation, and what my possible outcome may be (will the pill work if I'm so close to my menstrual cycle). I would also like to know what kind of birth control is most recommended by a healthcare professional. Thank you!

A:   Hi,

Usually in case of regular menstrual cycles, ovulation will not occur just before menstruation, so the possibility of pregnancy is less in your case. Anyhow as you have taken the emergency contraceptive pill, it can give protection from pregnancy if at all possibility is there.
According to your age, better to use low dose of combined hormonal contraceptive pills on a regular basis to avoid pregnancy.

Hope this helps.
Take care