Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > So I am a sexually active female and I have

So I am a sexually active female and I have

Patient: So I am a sexually active female and I have been not using protection or birth control. I have not had a period since March 29 and I am worried. I don’t have any nausea or cravings. No fatigue or tenderness in my breasts. Yesterday I started to bleed, it was a very dark brown/bright red mix and I read that brown can be a sign of conception. I am now on my second day and I am still bleeding but it has been very very light for the past two days. There have been no changes in the way I felt or physically, I am curious as to if I am pregnant? Or if this is just old blood coming out and I just simply missed a month. In addition, I have been under a tremendous amount of stress and that is not normal for me. Please help. Thank you.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.It is common for young people to miss periods. Also, being in stress can cause you to mi ss periods. Please use a pregnancy test kit to check if you are pregnant. If you are not, then you can see a Gynecologist to assess the causes of the missed periods.Wait up to another month to see if you get pregnant. Hope this helps you. All the best.