So I been off Depo for a month and a week

Patient : So I been off Depo for a month and a week trying to have a baby . Was wondering if I get on the pill will it help me get my period faster ?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. It has to be understood that once being off depot, the effect may last for a month or beyond. It is generally seen that ovulation doesn't return immediately and nor does the menses, there is usually a delayed period of 40-50 days. So it is suggested that you wait for the ovulation to start which can be monitored with the help of ovulation kits and then you should try for conception naturally. Switching to an oral contraceptive pill can further dysregulate your cycle and for sure cannot help you achieve menses sooner. So wait for your menses to return naturally. Hope this helps. Regards