So I did something stupid the other day and had

Patient

Q: So I did something stupid the other day and had sex with another partner (not my regular boyfriend)...but I DID use a condom and it did not break. The next day, I had sex with my regular boyfriend, again with a condom that did not break. I know there is probably nothing to worry about, but I read about condoms only "reducing" the risk of STDs, so that is why I am asking...do I have anything to worry about? I guess the shame/anxiety is catching up to me. Last night I was treated prophylactically for gonorrhea/chlamydia, which I realize was probably not necessary, but I don't want to take any chances. I plan to not have sex with my regular partner for a week, but do you think I had anything to actually worry about in the first place, since condoms were used with both partners? I got an STD once (chlamydia) a few years ago and I think I've been paranoid ever since, but that was from unprotected sex. Thanks.

Symptoms:  Itching, slight burning, but was told this was from Bacterial Vaginosis
Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your elucidate history.
Chlamydia in the past and now reading that condoms only reduce the risk of STD has made you anxious/ paranoid.
Since you have used condom both the times and confirmed that they did not break, there is nothing to worry about. And now in addition you have already treated for gonorrhea and Chlamydia, I do not think there is anything to worry about.

I would advise in such a situation the following:
- Complete the course of the medicines.
- Stop worrying unnecessarily.

I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask further relevant queries if you need to.

Patient: Thank you!!! I appreciate your clear response.
Doctor: You are most welcome.
You may please close the thread.
Stop worrying and take care henceforth.
Have a great day...