So I had my period for a week.

Patient : So I had my period for a week , I was off for a week & now I'm back on & it's been 2 weeks
Doctor :   Hello, If you have been on birth control , then in thimble of the cycle it is likely to be a breakthrough bleeding in form of spotting or light brown mucous mixed discharge which can occur due to mentally progesterone deficient stage in the mid cycle which can last for a day or two but shall stop soon. Its not to be worried much about unless the pattern is repeated again and again in next few cycles as well, then you may require a higher dose oc pill intuit case with higher progesterone content. I hope i have answered your query in detail, wishing you good health, regards