So i had sex with my girlfriend and did not

Patient

Q: So i had sex with my girlfriend and did not use protection but i removed myself before ejaculating but she said some semen was left on her vagina but not totally inside her just on the outside of the vaginal lips. Should i be concerned ? I would really like to know

Doctor

A:   Hi,
According to your history though the possibility of pregnancy is less it cannot be completely ruled out.
If she was around the time of her ovulation at the time of incident there is some possibility of pregnancy.
If 72 hours not yet over from the incident, better to go for emergency contraceptive pill.
If 72 hours completed, you have to wait till her expected date of periods. And if she misses her period, let her go for urine pregnancy test once to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.
Regular method of contraception can help in preventing these problems in future.
Take care.