Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > So I have red like dots on the head of

So I have red like dots on the head of

Patient: So I have red like dots on the head of my penis and around the studs of my penis. They don’t hurt. I clean down there normally, it’s just it keeps spreading and I got checked for an std. It’s not any std because I’ve came up negative on all. After I wake up in the morning or don’t shower there’s a white film like substance on the top of the red bumps. Is it a fungal disease and is this normal in males?

So I have red like dots on ...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.I have seen the attached photograph also.As per de tails, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is a condition of skin called Candidial balanitis. It is fungal infection of skin involving the glans. It is characterised by red colored itchy eruptions on the glans which may be associated with white discharge.Candidial balanitis can be sexually acquired or may occur without sexual contact also. The various predisposing factors for fungal infection are Diabetes Mellitus, excess sweating, hot humid weather.I will advise you to get your blood sugar levels done.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antifungals like clotrimazole cream and tablet fluconazole.Keep the area clean and dry.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription accordingly.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy.