Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > So i have this small red bump on my crotch

So i have this small red bump on my crotch

Patient: So i have this small red bump on my crotch area which i thought was a pimple but i try to pop it and nothing happens it looks like tgere is a hole on top of the bump that is bleeding but it is not bleeding i do not think this is a big deal but i wanted an opinion

So i have this small red bu...-1

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.This seems to be due to a ba cterial infection. Mostly it should resolve spontaneously. However, if it does not, you can get a prescription for Mupirocin ointment, and apply 2-3 times daily. Also keep the area clean.This will resolve the bump.Hope this was helpful,Regards