Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > So I lost my virginity a week ago

So I lost my virginity a week ago

Patient: So I lost my virginity a week ago and I have had sex 2 times this weekend (protected) and a yesterday my vagina started to be a little bit itchy. I looked and my labia minora was a little bit red so I used some coconut oil on it but later on in the day I looked and there was white stuff from my vagina that looked like skin and I don’t really know what it is. I am for sure it isn’t an STD. But I really don’t know, also would it be naturally treatable because I really don’t want to have to tell my mother about this at all.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,The presence of itching and curdy white discharge from the vagina within 48 hrs of int ercourse indicates a possible yeast infection. The redness over the labia-minora is due to frictional injury or abrasions during the act of intercourse. It is suggested that you should visit a physician for a per speculum examination and confirming the diagnosis so that you can be placed on antifungals to alleviate the infection completely. Avoid intercourse completely till treated.Regards