So I lost my virginity a week ago

Patient

Q: So I lost my virginity a week ago and I have had sex 2 times this weekend (protected) and a yesterday my vagina started to be a little bit itchy. I looked and my labia minora was a little bit red so I used some coconut oil on it but later on in the day I looked and there was white stuff from my vagina that looked like skin and I don't really know what it is. I am for sure it isn't an STD. But I really don't know, also would it be naturally treatable because I really don't want to have to tell my mother about this at all.

Doctor

Thanks for the query,

The presence of itching and curdy white discharge from the vagina within 48 hrs of intercourse indicates a possible yeast infection. The redness over the labia-minora is due to frictional injury or abrasions during the act of intercourse. It is suggested that you should visit a physician for a per speculum examination and confirming the diagnosis so that you can be placed on antifungals to alleviate the infection completely. Avoid intercourse completely till treated.