So I took a pregnacy test yesterday said I was

Patient: So I took a pregnacy test yesterday said I was pregnant! But late last night I started bleeding what does this mean? My aunt said she had periods while she was pregnant I’m scared what should I do?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.The possible causes of bleeding in your case are increased blood supply to local genital structures, growing gestational sac damaging the surrounding vessels, bleeding on expected date of periods as small gestational sac cannot completely obliterate uterine cavity, impending miscarriage etc.Usually minimal spotting with these type of causes may subside soon.If bleeding persists and pain abdomen occurs better to consult your doctor once and get examined.By examination and ultrasound the possible cause of the problem can be identified and treated.Take care.