So I took next choice 2 white pills because I

Patient

Q: So I took next choice 2 white pills because I had repeated unprotected sex no pull out with my boyfriend On Friday night and Saturday night on Sunday afternoon I got the pills didn't read the directions cause I'm stupid I took both at the same time not knowing to take the other 12 hours later then on Tuesday morning we had unprotected sex again no pull out I took them that evening this time following the previous instruction take one and then the other 12 hours later only to find out I was supposed to take them at the same time I've read they are less effective in women over 176 lbs I'm very fit and have muscle definition I'm 182 lbs I'm freaking out what are my odds of not being pregnant I've searched every website trying to get some clarity

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Taking the second tablet of emergency contraceptive pills either 12 hours early or later may not have much effect on efficacy.
The main thing is you have to take both the pills or at least one pill within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse.
Usually because of high dose of hormones in them emergency contraceptive pills can give protection for women with borderline BMI also.
As you have taken pills within 72 hours, you can expect around 80 to 90% protection rate.
Better to avoid repeated intake of emergency contraceptive pills as that can lead to complications like menstrual irregularities, hormonal imbalance.
There should be at least two months gap between two pills.

Take care