Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > So I want to take aleve to dely my period

So I want to take aleve to dely my period

Patient: So I want to take aleve to dely my period and it says to take 800mg 3x a day but aleve had 160mg so do I take more of the pills or the same

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Aleve is a non steroidal anti inflammatory drug, and usuall y not used to delay periods.Using a higher dose of tablets can lead to side effects.Generally hormonal pills like progesterone pills or combined hormonal pills can be used to delay the periods.As you are using antiepileptic tablets, progesterone pills are preferable in your case.So, please do consult your doctor and take tablets with her prescription.Take care