Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > So I work at Dunkin Donuts. standing is causing foot pain

So I work at Dunkin Donuts. standing is causing foot pain

Patient: So I work at Dunkin Donuts and I have flat feet and I usually work 6-8 hours a day and by the end of the day my feet hurt so bad and I get pains in my ankles so bad. Also when I move my foot in a certain way or sometime when I walk my bone pops out in my heel. I’m in pain. What should I do?

Doctor: HelloThank you posting your query on ATDFlat foot is not uncommon.There are splints available in market in whic h the arch of rubber is kept in the shoes and regular use limits the flat foot. These splints are usually available with physiotherapy units or online shopping sites.However you are advised to consult orthopaedic doctor before using splint/ support.Wish you a good health