So I'm currently exactly 2 weeks late for my period

Q: So I'm currently exactly 2 weeks late for my period and I went into my OB and they suggested that based on my last period that I was about seven weeks so I went for an ultrasound and all they saw was a thick endometrium which I guess is like the uterus lining but is that normal because the ultrasound tech said that I wasn't seven weeks I would be about the beginning of four weeks or five weeks so they suggested that I get a blood pregnancy test done What is the lowest number on a pregnancy blood test that u can have and have it still be positive and what is the normal number for 3-5 weeks pregnant

A:   Hi,

If you had previous three regular periods, then your last menstrual period can be considered to calculate the gestational age.
If you had previous irregular cycles, your gestational age by LMP may not correlate with actual gestational age.
Thickened endometrium can be seen in early pregnancy and also in delayed periods under the influence of hormones.
In blood test for pregnancy, beta hCG levels above 25 Miu/ml indicates the presence of pregnancy and less than 5 mIU/ml rules out the possibility of pregnancy.
At 3 weeks of gestation expected beta hCG levels are 5 – 50 mIU/ml.
And at 5 weeks of gestation expected beta hCG levels are 18 – 7,340 mIU/ml.

Take care