Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > So I’ve been on birth control for 2 months now

So I’ve been on birth control for 2 months now

Patient: So I’ve been on birth control for 2 months now I’ve been spotting about 2 to 3 weeks now plus now I think I started because it’s heavier. I’ve been also cramping so bad. What is it and should I be worried?

Doctor: Hello dear,Thanks for trusting us about your health care.I can understand your concerns.It can be a side effec ts of pills but do not take any stress, it can be resolved in 2-3 months.It can be due to hormonal changes caused by pill.You can change your pill after consulting your treating doctor if the problem persists.Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more questions.Good luck.Regards