So I've been on depo for a year and a

Patient

Q: So I've been on depo for a year and a half now. I haven't had any period in the past 6 months. Within the past month I've had it twice and the past week it's been unbearably heavy. I'm fairly active and eat healthy. I haven't missed a shot or anything.i went on depo because my period was irregular and because I had a cyst rupture. I don't know what's going on and it's a huge inconvenience and annoying.

Doctor

It is quite common that many women experience one or the other menstrual inconvenience while on depot or any hormonal preparation. Irregular bleeding, spotting , amennorhea or no cycles , cramps, heavy or light bleeding, bleeding between cycles are all common .But if the bleeding gets very heavy , passing clots and getting you tired due to heavy blood loss, it warrants an immediate follow up with your doctor.Kindly see the doctor soon , a course of hormonal supplements and medications to stop the bleeding may be needed immediately. A check on your thyroid, hemoglobin levels also is needed . Also, we need to rule out chances of pregnancy as well.
Hope this helped.