Ask The Doctor > Pending > So I’ve been taking dexamethasone for about 3 weeks for

So I’ve been taking dexamethasone for about 3 weeks for

Patient: So I’ve been taking dexamethasone for about 3 weeks for a low blood platelet count. I’ve gained about 10 lbs already. I have been eating my normal diet I live by the paleo diet. I’ve been tapered down to 2 pils a day now per my hematologist. I now have a rash on my chest looks like it’s traveling down to my abdominal area. I started taking 1 pil about 2 days ago. Would there be a bad reaction or anything be affected if I simply stopped taking the medicine my stomach is large now it looks as if I were pregnant I have horrible mood swings because of it I just want to give up. Any recommendations? I’d rather just completely stop the medicine now. I cannot take this anymore please help =(

Doctor: