So I've had the Mirena IUD for the past year

Q: So I've had the Mirena IUD for the past year. Normal periods up until April & then i missed my period at the end of April. I went to the dr for pregnancy test a week later & it was negative. 3 weeks after my missed my period (a week before I was due again) I had brown discharge when i wiped in the AM. That afternoon after workingout it was bright red when I wiped and back to Brown later that night & nothing since then. is this normal with an IUD?

Symptoms:  Missed period & 3 weeks later brown/bright red discharge when wiping