Q: Hello, Please I'm desperate! My mom is 84 until about 6 months ago she was going to the YMCA 3x a week good health. She came down with her third bought of bronchitis within a year. She became very breathy. Took her to a pulmonary doctor that performed many tests: CT, breath test, she oxygenates between 98-100 %. She has mild COPD.She has had every test out there except a bronchoscopy w/ biopsy She has seen a cardiologist he did a heart cath of left and right heart. no pulmonary hypertension. Had Echo all negative no heart failure doctor said heart was in great shape. Shes extremely breathy in the middle of the night and upon waking. The breathiness lasts most of the day then tappers a little in mid afternoon.
The pulmonary had her do a sleep study and found she has moderate sleep apnea. Been on cpap for weeks with no relief. Returned to the pulmonary because of swollen legs and ankles (never had swollen legs and ankles before) and he said he thinks she has allergies? Gave her Potassium pills and water pills. The cardiologist changed her hbp meds to help her legs and it has not helped the swelling or breathy. She can't walk without sounding like she ran down the street. Sometimes it'll tapper off just to return out of the blue. There is something wrong I know there is. It is not a anxiety disorder. She currently takes Losartan HCT 100-25 1/ day, Levothyroxine 137 MCG tabs 1/ day, Vicodin 5-500 2/day, Alpprazolam 0.25 Mg tab 2/day, Iophen-c 10-100 Mg/5Mg Ml liquid 4 to 6 hrs,Fluticasome SPR 50 MCG 120 1 spray ea nostal,Motrin 800mg, Neptatin with Triamcinolone 3xday, She is getting worse. Please is there a way for more than one doctor converse over this? Thank you for your time, Roberta

Symptoms:  SOB